Newborn sessions are such a nice way to capture the innocence and beauty of your newest little one, and give them their chance to really shine for the camera. But newborns can be tricky and any little detail can really have an effect on the baby and flow of the session. So here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare.
1.Baby's belly needs to be full! Hold off feeding baby until you arrive at the session.
2.If you are nursing, please avoid spicy and foods with red sauce up to 2 days before
3. Make sure baby is burped really well. It's a good idea to give baby some gas drops before the session..
4. Try to keep baby awake as much as possible before session, a sleepy baby is our goal!
5. If you are nursing, please have at least one bottle pumped and ready to go just in case.
6.The studio will be very warm, so please dress accordingly.
7.Loosen baby's diaper about 30 mins before the shoot so we don't have diaper marks.
8. Be prepared for a 2-3 hour session and be patient, the baby can sense your anxiety.
9. If at anytime you feel uncomfortable with a pose, please just let the photographer know.
10. Let Photographer know ahead of time if you would like any pictures with the baby so photographer can prepare. Also, if siblings are coming, photographer will do those pictures first and it's best for someone to take the siblings away for the rest of the session.
I hope these were helpful tips and make your session relaxing and less pressure for you and your baby!
If you like what this post please check out others!